I have a new Windows 10 manual updated for the Anniversary Edition and a hot-of-the-press Office 2016 and More manual. The “Win with Windows 10” book covers new features, like Cortana, Task View, and Settings. The “Sweet 16! Office 2016 and More” book includes versions 2010 and 2013 and covers new features and productivity with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook. These comprehensive books provide current Windows and Office clients with full color and step-by-step instructions with big fonts and lots of screen shots.
- The Millennium Manager: Managing and Supervising in the Digital Age, July 22, 11:00 – 12:30 (EST) Attend Free by entering the Discount Code of ManageMe.
- Excelling @ Excel: Formulas and Functions – Wednesday, July 22, 3:00 – 4:30 (EST)
- Be A Winner! Office 2010/2013: How to Win in Office 2010 and 2013 Thursday, August 13, 11:00 – 12:30 (EST)
- Be Great with Windows 8 – Thursday, August 13, 3:00 – 4:30 (EST)
Special thanks to Richard Hemma, Senior Director of Sales Corporate and Commercial Pearson – Certiport for his presentation and information. He provided valuable information on the value of certifications, taking exams, location issues, and offered members of this MOS Study/Support Group a free trial of GMetrix – the practice test and training tool for MOS certifications. You will want to register and view this webinar. Here are the links: Registration link and Recording link.
Here are quick notes from the webinar and our plan for 2015.
- Locations must honor vouchers from IAAP, Certiport, and other organizations. Locations may set their own hours and offerings and may charge a proctoring fee.
- When taking an exam use the Ribbon rather than keyboard shortcuts, such as CTRL + S for Save, CTRL + C for Copy and so on. Using keyboard shortcuts rather than the Ribbon for commands may make part or all of a question incorrect.
- You may use the new Office 2007, 2010, and 2013 feature entitled Key Tips as keyboard shortcuts by pressing the F10 or ALT key to activate the badges for Key Tips.
- In the future there may be a re-certification process similar to the Adobe associate certification; however, once you certify as a Microsoft Office Specialist in a particular application and version that certification lasts forever.
- Several webinar participants commended GMetrix for the practice tests and using the product.
- We discussed text books; there are plenty of resources and books available. My personal favorite and that I recommend are the QUE In Depth series which are more detailed that most Office books. Richard concurred that these books follow the domains and learning objectives for the applications.
- FREE! Richard will provide a free GMetrix trial for those people in this MOS Study/Support Group. I will collect emails and information over the next two weeks and provide them to Richard. If there is a limit to the number, I will prioritize the list based on regular attendance of these webinars including viewing the recording. Look for details in the coming weeks. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to be part of the GMetrix free trial offer.
In 2015, we will continue our monthly (or so) webinars with the next webinar in mid-January. We will update our certification plan and process and answer several exam questions for two applications. Plan now to make your New Years resolution about certifying next year and perhaps as you wait for Santa take some practice tests and study! I’ll send the content, date, and time for January’s webinar after January 2. Happy Holidays and Enjoy your learning.
I am honored to present in February – April for the International Association of Administrative Professional’s (IAAP) TEC 15 conferences. These technology conferences cover a wide range of technology and office productivity sessions and span a variety of job titles from Administrative/Executive Assistants to Program Managers/Coordinators, Project Managers and Coordinators, CPAs, Lawyers, you name the job title and these conferences benefit. Here is a list of cities and dates:
- Clearwater Beach, Fla. (February 6-8, 2015)
- Austin, Texas (March 6-8, 2015)
- Kansas City, Mo. (March 27-29, 2015)
- La Jolla, Calif. (April 24-26, 2015)
Here’s the link for more information: http://www.iaap-tec.org/home.
I’m teaching Microsoft’s Office Applications including Data Analysis and Functions of Excel, PowerPoint Pizzazz, Take Note! It’s OneNote, and performing my popular technology humor show, “Technology Bytes: And it just bit my funny bone” at lunch.
Here are links to some of my sessions:
Thankfully our good, old (and some new) keyboard shortcuts are available. No matter what keyboard device you use tablet, laptop, or desktop these Windows shortcuts save time.
Fall into Success with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint learning plus iPad learning to start the new year. Classes are 8:30AM – 1:00 PM at First Metropolitan Community Church, 1379 Tullie Road, Atlanta, 30329 (I-85 and North Druid Hills across from Executive Park. The fee is $75 which includes practice files, extensive handout/manual, light breakfast, juice/water, and unforgettable learning. Click here to register and for more information about the classes. Here is a schedule of classes:
- Analyze This! Data Analysis with Excel’s Pivot Table and More – December 11, Tuesday morning
- PowerPoint FUNdamentals – December 13, Thursday morning
- PowerPoint Pizzazz – December 20, Thursday morning
- It All Adds up! Excel’s Formulas and Functions – January 10, 2013, Thursday morning
- iPad for the iGeneration – January 17, 2013, Thursday, monring
Learn to create and then maintain a dynamic website using WordPress with me at Emory University’s Continuing Education Center on October 10 and 17. This two day class will teach you how to create a WordPress from establishing a Domain Name and Web Hosting account to customizing posts, pages, media, and themes. Here’s a link for the full syllabus: WordPress and Greg Creech and here’s a link to the Emory University Continuing Education Center: www.ece.emory.edu. Come and learn with enjoyment and WordPress.
I am developing the schedule for technology training and education for the autumn beginning in September through November. So, stay tuned and enjoy your summer.
For the love of learning! Click here to register for a class! Let’s Excel to the next level of Microsoft’s Excel with this important areas of Excel for better business management and productivity. Coming in June – iPad for the iGeneation – make the most of your iPad with this class. Here is a schedule of upcoming classes for May and June:
- Thursday, May 10 – Managing and Manipulating Data in Excel
- Thursday, May 31 – Data Analysis with PivotTables in Excel
- Thursday, June 14 – Excel’s Formulas and Functions
- Thursday, June 28 – iPad for the iGeneration
Classes held at First Metropolitan Community Church, 1379 Tullie Road, Atlanta, GA 30309. These classes are BYOC – Bring Your Own Computer and are from 9:00 AM – 1:00PM, please arrive at 8:30 to set-up your computer and download files. Contact Greg at 404-299-1706 or email@example.com. Thanks and look forward to our time together. Click here to register for a class!
Look for new classes and returning favorites such as Excelling @ Excel and PowerPoint Power Presentations. The new schedule will be available in early February. THANKS!
As the Holidays approach, let me educate and entertain you with my holiday performance entitled: “Gifts that Don’t Require a Battery.” This a humorous and musical presentation with a business message for all holiday events. Also, give the gift of learning with an Outlook class on December 8 and PowerPoint class in January. Look for new offerings in 2012 including:
- Live Meeting and Microsoft Online Business Suite
Here is a schedule of classes to Master Information Overload:
- Managing and Manipulating Data in Excel –
August 18, Thursday, 8:30 – 12:30
- It All Adds Up: Excel’s Formulas and Functions –
September 15, Thursday, 8:30 – 12:30
- Analyze This! Data Analysis using Excel’s
PivotTables – October 13, Thursday, 8:30 – 12:30
- Presentation Power with PowerPoint –
November 4, Thursday, 8:30 – 12:30
- Time and Contact Management using Outlook –
December 8, Thursday, 8:30 – 12:30
- Mac OS X, Windows 7, and Office Productivity –
November 11, Friday 8:30 – 3:30